What is Aadhar Card? Well, Aadhar Card is issued by UIDAI (Unique identification Authority of India) and comes with an exclusive 12 digit ID code which would serve as the one-stop ID proof for all the Aadhar card holders. Each of the Aadhar numbers are different and would be kept stored in UIDAI’s Aadhar centralized database. Any body from India, including the Indian citizens, the Non Resident Indians and the foreign inhabitants residing in the country can apply and get issued with the Aadhar card from UIDAI. The Aadhar Card is also applicable irrespective of gender and age and even the little ones too are eligible to apply for Aadhar card.
Applying for Aadhar Card
The candidates interested to apply for Aadhar card would have to personally visit the nearby UIDAI authorized Aadhar card enrollment camps with needed identity, address and picture proof.
- Carry your Aadhar enrollment form to the Aadhar camp along with the needed ID, address & picture proof documents, in both Xeroxed and original formats.
- The enroller and operator would then verify your documents and enter the details in the Aadhar database.
- The candidate would be asked for verification of details entered.
- Now, there will be fingerprint as well as iris scanning of the candidates.
- The candidate’s picture would be taken by the enrollers.
- As the applicant signs up with her/his fingerprint, she/he would be handed with an Aadhar acknowledgement slip including the enrollment code number and some other needed details.
Your Aadhar application would be checked thoroughly and your exclusive Aadhar card would be mailed to your given address within a month and a half. However, the process might be lengthier in certain cases.
Subscribe to Aadhar Card
How to check Aadhar card status
The Aadhar Card applicants are allowed to check out on their Aadhar card status online only. You can check on the status of your unique Aadhar card from the website https://portal.uidai.gov.in/uidwebportal/enrolmentStatusShow.do. Below is a step by step guideline on how to check Aadhar status online-
- As you go to the website link, you will be asked for your Aadhar card enrollment number and Date Time.
- Then there will an image-text which you would have to type down on the box below the image –text.
- All the fields mentioned above have to be fulfilled duly.
- Now, click on the “Submit” tab at the lower right hand side of the web page.
- Go to any of the mentioned web pages and fill up your Enrollment Number and Date Time.
- Enter resident Name & Phone Number.
- Enter image-text.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- In case of any problem, “Reset” the process.